Great for Summer (or anytime) snacking, this nut mix is something else. There is a disclaimer with this recipe as these nuts are absolutely (positively) addicting. I have doubled the recipe hoping the initial consumption was just some novelty factor, but alas, they disappeared just the same. They are morish in the best of ways. Salty but not too salty, and sweet in just the right ways. I cannot take full credit for this recipe as it is an adaptation form Eleanor Ozich who makes some of the most beautiful, wholesome, and delicous recipes out there. I used allulose for some of the sweet, to minimize sugars, but you don’t have to! They are unbelievably good for snacking, anytime of the day. ENJOY!!
For the Nuts:
Makes 2 cups of nuts (and easily doubled)
60mL (1/4 cup) olive oil
280g (2 cups) nuts and seeds- cashews, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds
1 small handful fresh rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
3 T good quality honey (or 1 T honey + 2 T allulose for a lower sugar option)
1 tsp sea salt
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in large, heavy pot. Once hot, add nuts and rosemary. Stir to coat and keep stirring for 2-3 minutes until smelling nice and nutty, and a light brown colour
- Add honey and cook for another minute
- Sprinkle with salt and spread onto tray to cool
- Taste and feel free to sprinkle with more salt if you desire
- Store in jar in your pantry and ENJOY!!